6th Round - Nick Delmonico - 3B - Farragut HS

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realized Law doesn't know all, but he was kind enough to answer my question in his chat.

Chris (Charleston, SC)

Thoughts on O's taking Delmonico in the 6th round? Signable?

Klaw

No. Flier, most likely doesn't come to fruition.

From Stotle in the questions thread:

I have heard seven-figures on Delmonico. I love that they announced him as a 3b, as he pretty clearly does not have the arm to catch. The bat was impressive over the summer, and great during BP, but was up and down against meh competition this spring. I would say my feelings about the pick are about how I felt with Connor Narron. I completely understand the pick and it is a justifiable upside pick that many will agree with. I personally would have preferred Norris/Howard to Delmonico.

But it is a very good upside power bat. Just some probability questions for the price.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rlOIGUBGI?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rlOIGUBGI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Realized Law doesn't know all, but he was kind enough to answer my question in his chat.

Chris (Charleston, SC)

Klaw

One thing to remember is that last year's 6th rounder was the highest pick that Jordan didn't sign...

Chris (Charleston, SC)

Klaw

He is definitely open to signing -- but I think it takes seven-figures.

Looks like this is one of the picks we will have to open the wallet a little bit.

I assume we can do a little draft and follow here (assuming he's playing summer ball). Let him show us that the upside is real enough to pay overslot.

Archived